Sarah Demers - Teaching
- 2013-2014 Yale Provost Teaching Award
- 2012 Yale Poorvu Award for Interdisciplinary Teaching
- 2005-2006 Division of Mathematics and Natural Sciences Teaching Award, Roberts Wesleyan College
- About the Physics of Dance Class, co-taught and co-developed with Emily Coates, in Symmetry Magazine in May 2014.
- An article I wrote about active learning for Inside Higher Ed in April, 2014.
- Article in Yale Alumni Magazine about the Physics of Dance course, 2012.
Teaching Assignments at Yale:
Spring 2014: PHYS 171, 2nd semester, caluculus-based, introductory physics intended for students with a particular interest in the life sciences, taught in the TEAL classroom (technology assisted active learning)
Fall 2013: Co-Taught PHYS 115/THST 115 with Emily Coates, Physics of Dance (also taught in fall 2011)
Spring 2012: PHYS 118, The Physics of Music
Fall 2011: PHYS 115/THST 115 co-taught, The Physics of Dance
Spring 2011: PHYS 166L, General Physics Laboratory, 2nd Semester
Spring 2010: PHYS 110, Modern Physics, algebra-based
Fall 2009: PHYS 205, Introductory Laboratory Course for Physics Majors and Engineers